CRP Project – Mechanisms for attracting foreign and the return of domestic experts
BASIC INFORMATION ABOUT THE RESEARCH PROJECT
Title: Transatlantic Cooperation and the Diaspora as a Soft Power – The Role and Importance of Intellectuals in the United States and Canada
Head of the project:
29514 – dr. Željko Oset
Researchers on the project:
36485 – dr. Dejan Valentinčič (ASEF Institute for education and research)
54486 – Barbara Zagorc (ASEF Institute for education and research)
Funding period: from October 1, 2022 to September 30, 2024
Main research organization: 3745 – Institut ASEF for education and research
Research organization – co-implementers: 8554 – New University, Faculty of Government and European Studies
Tender: Public tender for the selection of research projects of the Target Research Program “CRP 2022” in 2022
Public Research Agency of the Republic of Slovenia, Bleiweisova cesta 30, 1000 Ljubljana
Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Prešernova cesta 25, 1000 Ljubljana
DESCRIPTION AND PROCESS OF THE RESEARCH PROJECT
Content description of the project:
- List and analyze in depth the activities carried out by European and other countries for more active cooperation with experts abroad and help in returning only those to their homeland.
- Develop a multidimensional index that assesses the possibility and needs of transfer for each activity, as well as its adaptation, so that the activity can be introduced in the Republic of Slovenia.
- To use a multidimensional index to perform a comparative analysis and analysis of costs and benefits in the list of activities of other countries with the aim of formulating recommendations for Slovenian conditions and specifics. To define solutions that would enable the implementation of appropriately adapted activities in the Republic of Slovenia in such a way as to enable their wide and effective use.
- Deeply study and evaluate programs on the example of the State of Israel with an emphasis on digital entrepreneurship, industrial and high-tech professions (eg, The Israel Brain Gain Program, Back to Tech, Israeli Houses, Study in Isreal and other programs). The emphasis is on the study of programs aimed at attracting foreign professionals to Israel and programs aimed at supporting the return of Israelis living abroad.
- To study the criteria regarding the implementation of programs in Israel and, as a result, to determine what the actual needs, possibilities and benefits are for the adaptation and transfer of the selected programs to the Republic of Slovenia.
Keywords: Attracting experts, digitization, brain circulation, Israel, examples of good practices, cooperation
Project phases and description of their realization
The first phase of the project: From the 1st month to the 6th month (6 months)
The first phase of the project will cover the implementation of the work program of the first work package, i.e. review and analysis of the activities of other countries for more active cooperation with (foreign and domestic) experts from abroad and assistance in returning them to their homeland.
Second phase of the project: From the 7th month to the 14th month (8 months)
The second phase of the project will cover the implementation of the program part of the second work package, namely the development and use of a multidimensional index with the ability to assess the possibility of transferring and adapting the activities of other countries in Slovenia.
The third phase of the project: From the 15th month to the 20th month (6 months)
The third phase of the project will cover the implementation of the work program of the third work package, namely, it will include an in-depth examination of the programs for attracting (foreign and domestic) experts from abroad on the example of the country of Israel, and indicate the possibilities for their customized introduction to Slovenia.
The fourth phase of the project: From the 21st month to the 24th month (4 months)
The third phase of the project will cover the creation of recommendations for Slovenia, which will be based on the findings of the previous phases, the completion of the project and the dissemination of the final results.
RESULTS OF THE RESEARCH PROJECT
Will be added.